Stop unwanted use of your account
If you think someone might have access to your Max account without your permission, we recommend changing your password and signing out of all devices.
Step 1: Change your password
First, change your account password. Here's how:
- Sign in to Max on your phone, tablet, or computer. Can't sign in?
- Choose your profile and then Account.
- Choose the Edit icon next to Password.
- Enter your current password, a new password, and then choose Save.
Your new password should be at least 10 characters with no more than 4 repeating characters in a row.
Step 2: Sign out of all devices
Next, sign out of all devices. Here's how:
- Go back to your profile and choose Devices.
(Only Adult profiles can manage devices.)
- Choose Sign Out All Devices.
Note Signing out of all devices can take up to 2 hours. If someone in your household is streaming, they won't be signed out of Max until the end of their show or movie.
For account safety tips, go to Help keep your account secure.