Something went wrong message or error code
If you're getting a 'Something went wrong' message or a Max error code, try these solutions:
Things to try
You may need to try more than one of these solutions to resolve the issue.
- Phone, tablet, or TV device: Force close Max, then reopen Max and try streaming again.
- Computer: Close and reopen your browser, then go back to max.com and try streaming again.
Try streaming different shows and movies to find out if the error happens with all titles, or only a particular show or movie. If the error only happens with a particular show or movie, please contact us and let us know.
Make sure you have the latest version of Max. Here's how:
- Computer: Try updating your browser. To find out how, go to Troubleshooting max.com.
- Roku: On your Roku, highlight the Max channel, press the Star button (*) on your remote, and then choose Check for updates. Once updated, try using Max again.
- Other device: Open the app store on your device, search for Max, and check if there's an update available. If there's an app update, download it, and try using Max again.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose your profile and then Sign Out.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon and then Sign Out.
- Turn your device off.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.
- Open Max, sign in, and try streaming again.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about 1 minute).
- After your modem has finished connecting, reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open Max and try streaming again.
Still need help?
Take note of the on-screen error message or code and include it when you contact us.