Something went wrong message or error code
If you're getting a 'Something went wrong' message or a Max error code, try the following:
Things to try
You may need to try more than one of these solutions to resolve the issue.
- Phone, tablet, or TV device: Force close Max, then reopen the app and try to stream.
- Computer: Close and reopen your browser, then go back to max.com and try using Max again.
Try streaming different shows and movies to check if the problem happens with any show or movie, or only a particular show or movie. If the error only happens with a particular show or movie, please contact us and let us know.
Make sure you have the latest version of the Max app. Here's how:
- Computer: Go to Max.com and do a hard refresh of the page (this is not the same as the Reload button in your browser). To find out how to do this, search the internet for 'hard refresh' + the name of your browser (e.g., 'hard refresh Chrome').
- Roku: On your Roku, highlight the Max channel and press the Star button (*). Choose Check for updates to download any app updates, then try using Max again.
- Other device: Open the app store on your device, search for Max, and check if there's an update available. If there's an app update, download it, and try using Max again.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose your profile and then Sign Out.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon and then Sign Out.
- Turn your device off.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.
- Open Max and sign in, then try using the app again.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about 1 minute).
- After your modem has finished connecting, reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open Max and try using it again.
Still need help?
Take note of the on-screen error message or code and include it when you contact us.