Missing episode on Max
Select content appears on Max for a limited time. If a series episode isn't available on Max, try the following:
Browse through the episodes on the series page. Here's how:
- In Max, choose the Search icon and search for the series by name (e.g., Game of Thrones).
- Choose a Season number, then the Episodes tab, and browse the episodes in that season.
Most new HBO shows and movies are available on Max when they premiere on HBO. To find out when new episodes will premiere on HBO, go to HBO.com and search for a series by name.
New episodes for some HBO shows aren't available on Max when they air on TV. Instead, they're added to Max as quickly as possible, typically within 24 hours.
Estimated availability times for new episodes:
- Hard Knocks: In Season with the Miami Dolphins: Tuesdays, 9pm ET
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Mondays, 2am ET
- Real Time with Bill Maher: Saturdays, 7am ET
Episodes aired within the last year are available on Max.
Try updating your Max app. To do this, open the app store on your device and search for Max. If there's an app update available, download it. For help updating Max, go to Supported devices.
Check if the episode is available on another device. To do this, open Max on another device, search for the series name, and browse the available episodes.
If an episode is only missing from your Android or Amazon Fire device, try clearing the Max app cache and data.
On your Android phone or tablet:
- Open Settings and search for Max.
- Choose Max from the search results.
- Choose Storage & cache or Storage (depending on your Android OS version).
- Choose Clear cache.
- Choose Clear storage or Clear data (if available).
- Open Max, sign in, and and browse the series episodes.
On your Amazon Fire tablet:
- Open Settings > Apps & Games > Manage All Applications.
- Choose Max from the list of apps.
- Choose Force Stop.
- Choose Clear Cache.
- Choose Clear Data.
- Open Max, sign in, and browse the series episodes.
Let us know
If you still can't find the episode you're looking for, please let us know. Go to our Feedback page, choose Programming feedback as the topic, and let us know what episode is missing.