HBO Max is now Max
HBO Max is now Max. Here's what you need to know:
Go to the app store on your device, search for Max, and choose the install option. Once you've installed Max, you can delete the HBO Max app (if needed).
How do I sign in to Max?
If you're not signed in after updating to Max, here's what to do:
Max brings all the programming that you love from HBO Max together with favorites from Discovery TV brands: HGTV, the Food Network, TLC, Magnolia Network, and more – all for the same great price.
Max combines the worlds of HBO, the DC Universe, plus hit movies, and original series together with fan-favorite genres like true crime, reality, food, and comedy.
- All of HBO Max: HBO series and movies, Max Originals, and select series and movies from Warner Bros., the DC Universe, Cartoon Network, the Turner Library, Looney Tunes, Adult Swim, and more.
- Discovery favorites: The best real-life shows from your favorite TV brands: HGTV, the Food Network, TLC, ID, Magnolia Network, Discovery, and more.
Max will have something for everyone—popular series like Friends, the HBO Original series Game of Thrones, 90 Day Fiancé, Rick and Morty, The Big Bang Theory, Deadliest Catch, and Fixer Upper.
As well as plenty of hit movies, indie favorites, and critically acclaimed documentaries.
Here are some of the changes we made:
- Smarter recommendations
- Improved performance
- Easier to sign in and use
- Profile PIN for Adult profiles
- New Hubs and genres
Your HBO Max profiles, watch history, and your settings (including parental controls) are available in Max.
There are two things that don't transfer to Max:
- HBO Max downloads: You'll need to download your shows and movies again with Max.
- Custom profile pictures: If you had a custom profile picture in HBO Max, you'll see a generic profile icon in Max (Max doesn't support custom profile photos). If you'd like to choose a different profile avatar, go to Add and manage Max profiles.
You can add a Profile PIN to any Adult profile to keep other people in your household from using your profile (e.g., prevent your kids from accessing your profile). For more info, go to Add a Profile PIN.
Each of your profiles has a My Stuff area with your Continue Watching list and My List.