Where is Max available?
Here’s where Max is currently available:
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Caribbean: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos
- The United States (including American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands).
Choose a topic:
You can stream Max when you travel to a country or region where Max is available. You can also play shows and movies that you've already downloaded. Your home country is the country where you susbcribed to Max.
Here's what happens when you travel to a country where Max is available:
- Shows and movies: The selection of shows and movies on Max will change based on your physical location. As a result, you may not be able to watch some titles on your Continue Watching and My List when you travel to another country.
- Ratings: Content ratings are based on your physical location. If you travel to a country with a different content rating system, the parental controls that you set are applied, however, shows and movies may be rated differently.
- Downloads: You can play shows and movies that you've already downloaded on your phone or tablet.
Here’s what happens if you travel to a country where Max is not available (e.g., Europe):
- You'll get a ‘This is Uncharted Territory’ message and you won't be able to stream Max. You can, however, still play shows and movies that you've already downloaded.
Before you travel
- Download shows and movies on your phone or tablet.
Now, you can watch your downloads when you travel to any country or region.
Note To access your downloads, you may need to restart your device.
If you get this message and you’re located in a country or region where Max is available (countries listed above), your IP address might be blocked or is incorrectly identifying your location. To fix this, try these steps:
Disable your VPN, proxy, or anonymization service so that your IP address is not blocked.
Try restarting your modem and router. Here's how:
- Turn off or unplug the device with Max.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about a minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Turn your device back on, open Max, and try watching something.
If you've disabled VPNs, proxies, and anonymization services, please contact your Internet Service Provider for help.
If you still get the Max isn't available message, gather the following info and contact us.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your IP address (open a browser and type 'what is my IP address' to get this)
Here's when Max is coming to more regions:
Max is coming to the 22 European countries that currently have HBO Max in Spring 2024. We anticipate that Max will be available in France and Belgium later in 2024.
We anticipate that Max will be available in South East Asia in 2024. The Max availability timeline may change — stay tuned for more info.
If you subscribe to HBO Max in Europe, you won't be able to stream, sign in, or access your HBO Max account in the US. You also can't stream Max if you travel to the US.
You can, however, still play HBO Max shows and movies that you've already downloaded (to do this, you need to sign in before you travel).
Before you travel
- Download shows and movies (up to 30).
This way, you can watch your downloads when you travel to the US.
While you travel
When you open HBO Max in the US, you'll see a 'HBO Max isn't available in your region yet' message. When this happens, choose the Downloads icon to watch your downloads.