Where is Max available?
Max is currently available in the United States (including American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands).
Choose a topic:
If you're a Max subscriber and you travel outside the US, you won't be able to stream, sign in, or access your Max account. You also can't stream HBO Max if you travel outside the US.
Before you travel outside the US:
- Download shows and movies on your phone or tablet.
- Make sure you're signed in to Max on the device with your downloads.
While you travel:
Before you open Max, turn on Airplane mode and turn off Wi-Fi. Now you can watch your downloads when you're outside the US.
Note To access your downloads, you may need to restart your device.
If you get this message and you’re located in the United States, your IP address might be blocked or incorrectly identified as being outside of the US. To fix this, try these steps:
Disable your VPN, proxy, or anonymization service so that your IP address is not blocked.
Try restarting your modem and router. Here's how:
- Turn off or unplug the device with Max.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about a minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Turn your device back on, open Max, and try watching something.
If you've disabled VPNs, proxies, and anonymization services, please contact your Internet Service Provider for help.
If you still get the Max isn't available message, gather the following info and contact us.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your IP address (open a browser and type 'what is my IP address' to get this)
Here's when Max is coming to more regions:
We anticipate that Max will be available in Latin America and the Caribbean in 2024. Stay tuned for more info.
We anticipate that Max will be available in Europe in 2024. The Max availability timeline may change–stay tuned for more info.
We anticipate that Max will be available in South East Asia in 2024. The Max availability timeline may change–stay tuned for more info.
If you subscribe to HBO Max in a country other than the US, you won't be able to stream, sign in, or access your HBO Max account when you travel to the US. You also can't stream Max if you travel to the US.
You can, however, still play HBO Max shows and movies that you've already downloaded (to do this, you need to sign in before you travel).
Before you travel
- Download shows and movies (up to 30).
- Make sure you're signed in to HBO Max on the phone or tablet with the downloads.
This way, you can watch your downloads when you travel to the US.
While you travel
When you open HBO Max in the US, you'll see a 'HBO Max isn't available in your region yet' message. When this happens, choose the Downloads icon to watch your downloads.