Unexpected Max subscription charge
Find support for an unexpected subscription charge.
Depending on your provider, you can choose from 3 subscription plans:
- With Ads: $9.99/month or $99.99/year (16% savings)
- Ad-Free: $15.99/month or $149.99/year (over 20% savings)
- Ultimate Ad-Free: $19.99/month or $199.99/year (over 16% savings)
If your subscription charge isn't what you expected, here are some possible reasons:
- Applicable taxes are added to your subscription charge based on your billing ZIP code.
- You may have a different plan or billing period. Which plan do I have?
- Your promotional or discounted period may have ended and you were charged the standard subscription rate.
If none of these reasons apply and your subscription is billed through WarnerMedia Direct, please contact us for help (instead of your payment service). If you're billed through another company, contact them for help. Find out who bills you.
If you were charged after canceling your Max subscription, here are some possible reasons:
- You canceled your subscription too close to your auto-renewal date. Some providers may require you to cancel at least 24 hours before your next billing period starts (this varies by billing provider). If you have questions, please contact your billing provider. Find out who bills you.
- Your subscription is still active. To make sure you're not charged again, go to Check if your subscription is active.
- You have multiple accounts and subscriptions. For help finding your accounts, go to Find multiple accounts.
If you didn't subscribe to Max, find the Max charge on your bank statement and find who charged you below:
If you're seeing multiple charges each month, you might have multiple accounts (each with an active subscription). For help finding your accounts, go to Find multiple accounts.
Here's how to find who bills you for Max:
- Do one of the following:
- Here you'll find who your subscription is billed through (top of screen).
You can also check your bank statements or ask your TV, internet, or wireless provider if they bill you for Max.
To find out if your Max subscription is still active, choose your billing provider below:
Sign in at max.com/subscription. If your subscription has been canceled, there will be an option to Resume Your Subscription (instead of Cancel Your Subscription).
Sign in at amazon.com/appstoresubscriptions and find your Max subscription. If your subscription has been canceled, there won't be an auto-renewal date.
Sign in at amazon.com/video/subscriptions/manage and find your Max subscription. If your Max subscription has been canceled, there will be a subscription end date.
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Choose your name and then Subscriptions. If your Max subscription has been canceled, there will be a subscription end date (and there won't be a cancel option).
Sign in to your Google account at g.co/play/subscriptions and find your Max subscription status.
Sign in to your Hulu account at hulu.com/account and check if the Max Add-on is listed under Your Subscriptions. Also, choose View Charges to see upcoming charges.
Sign in to your Roku account at my.roku.com/account/subscriptions and find your Max subscription status.
Sign in to your Samsung account at samsungcheckout.com. Then, go to Purchase History and choose Subscriptions.
Sign in to your YouTube TV account at tv.youtube.com. Choose your profile picture and then Settings > Membership. If your subscription has been canceled, you'll have an Add option.
Sign in to your TV, internet, or wireless provider account and check the status of your Max subscription. If you need help, contact your provider.
Here's how to find out if you have multiple accounts:
- Open Max on each device that you use.
- On each device, do one of the following:
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose your profile and then Account.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon and then Account.
- Take note of your account email.
Did you find more than one account email?
Here's what to do:
- For each account, do one of the following:
- Phone, tablet, or computer: Choose your profile and then Subscription.
- TV device: Choose the Settings icon and then Subscription.
(Only Adult profiles can manage subscriptions.)
- Here you'll find who your subscription is billed through.
- Decide which subscription you want to cancel and follow the cancellation steps for your billing provider.
If you're signed in with the same account on all devices and you're seeing multiple charges each month, contact us for help. When you contact us, be sure to have the following info handy:
- Your account email address
- Your ZIP Code
- Info about charges on your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account